In honor of Martin Luther King Jr., all 397 National Parks are free this weekend! Here are a few ideas from Conde Naste Traveler to whet your appetite for an adventurous weekend.
- Sitka National Park, Alaska is hosting a Year of the Forest Film Festival.
- Dulcimer jam session at the Jean Lafitte National Historic Park.
- Tours of Martin Luther King Jr.’s home in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Lava field hikes at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park in Kahuku, Hawaii.
- Cacti cooking lessons at Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, Coolidge, Arizona.